Open Door Café
It is said that when God closes a door, God always opens a window. But at the Open Door Café, we don’t believe that God is a door closer.
We believe in a God of goodness without limits. A God who loves without condition or end. A God who pours out love. A God who opens countless windows and doors, all the time.
Nevertheless, doors close. Eviction notices are posted. Pink slips are given. Divorce papers are signed. Diagnoses are handed over. Loved ones die. All of these are closed doors that lead to people experiencing poverty, homelessness and hunger.
The Open Door Café witnesses God’s boundless love, opening doors each day:
- in the hundreds of individual volunteers who nurture a warm environment for our hot lunch, bag lunch and hygiene kit distribution
- by our donors who give generously to keep us cooking (please see foundation funders from the last fiscal year below)
- through the dedication of our mission-focused Core Volunteers and staff
- for the support of hunger fighters like Hunger Task Force, who provide FREE food and funding and Feeding America who provide affordable shopping options to keep our menus interesting and nutritious
- in the courage of our guests to enter the Open Door Café after doors have been closed on them
We invite you to join us – to share a meal, to serve, to donate, to be God’s love in our world today!
To volunteer at the Café, please call Rachel at 414/276-9814, ext. 308.
Open Door Cafe hours:
Hot lunch served
Sunday – Friday, 11:15 AM – 12:30 PM
Bag lunches served
Monday – Friday 12:30 – 1 PM or during M-F hot lunch service
Our Partners in Ministry
Open Door Café is generously funded by the following foundations:
Bader Philanthropies – Helen Daniels Bader Fund
Park Bank Foundation
Hunger Task Force
A.W. Asmuth Family Fund at the Greater Milwaukee Foundation
WE Energies Foundation
William Stark Jones Foundation
Women’s Club of Wisconsin
Catholic Community Foundation
Raskob Foundation for Catholic Activities
Green Bay Packer Foundation