Cathedral Squared Enterprises (C²E) creates economic opportunity for people who have experienced homelessness and/or who have difficulty obtaining employment due to disability, health concerns, or gaps in employment. Through artisan projects, hospitality industry training and public speaking opportunities, C²E builds leadership as a method for social change by recognizing the talents and ability present in our community.
C²E artisans are making beautiful, durable products out of upcycled plastic grocery bags (plastic yarn = “plarn”). We welcome your support in the following ways:
- Learn how to make plarn and become a certified plarn producer for C²E artisans. The quality of our product is determined by the consistency of our plarn. Anyone interested in becoming a plarn producer for us must first be trained by our artisans. Women may attend our Wednesday Workshops** to learn or C²E artisans are available for on-site demonstrations with your group.
- Do you know how to crochet? Crochet coaches are needed to work one-on-one with our artisans to learn the stitches and to develop new products.
- Financial contributions are welcome as they allow us to pay our artisans for their training period ($10/hour for up to 60 hours for those who meet our qualifications).
- Become a C²E artisan. If you are interested in applying to be a C²E artisan, please contact Sarah Johnson, Guest Support Services at 414/276-9814, ext. 115.
- Collect used plastic bags for us. Fun colors are most welcome. Bags flattened out for us make us extra happy.
Check out this video to learn about our project:
[arve url=”https://youtu.be/1bF8290N6bw” maxwidth=”700″]
**Wednesday Workshops (1 pm – 4 pm in Weakland Center, 831 N. Van Buren St.) More information may be found on this FLYER.
Contact Shelly for more information at 414/238-2710 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.