Deacon Tom Hunt ministers to those in prison and their families. He visits inmates at the City Jail and brings paper, pencils and stamps for each inmate. He meets with their family members to encourage them. He spends time with people who have upcoming court dates and who may be incarcerated. Deacon Tom is a companion and mentor to many adults facing challenging situations. A support group “Doing Time Together” for families of those incarcerated meets monthly to share, explore, and support one another.
For more information please contact him at 414/961-0322.
In addition, he seeks donations to assist in purchasing Bibles and speakers for the Yearly Speaker Presentation. Donations may be sent to the Cathedral (checks payable to the Cathedral of St. John the Evangelist with Jail Ministry on the memo line) c/o Deacon Tom Hunt.
Doing Time Together – Information Flyer
Contact Information for Visiting the Incarcerated – Flyer
If you need someone to assist you to contact a family member or friend see the following – Contact INFO
Daily Prayer for Justice & Mercy – Prayer Card
Interfaith Committee for Detained Immigrants – www.icdichicago.org
ROC Wisconsin, A Project of WISDOM
ROC Wisconsin is an urgent call to our state to:
- Restore communities that have been harmed by mass incarceration;
- Restore families to wholeness and health;
- Restore balance, fiscal discipline and humane priorities to our state’s criminal justice system
- Restore men and women back to the community who do not need to be incarcerated;
- Restore people to health through increased treatment alternatives to incarceration, decreased use of solitary confinement, better support for those who return from jail or prison.
For more information visit their website.